Preparation : 10 Minutes
Cooking : 25-30 Minutes
Servings : Serves 2-3
Episode : no video recipe available
Author : Christina Hann Trefzger
This Italian Seasoning Fried Chicken will make you addicted. I have made it many times and in different ways and I think this one is the best one.
Nick and Mack just love it. Especially Mack, she won’t stop digging in. Very easy and you don’t need a lot of herbs.
400 gr (14 oz) of skinless chicken breast, cut into thin stripes.
4-5 Tbsp of Skyr or Yoghurt
1/2 Tsp of Salt
1/2 Tsp of Pepper
1 Tsp of Garlic Powder
1/2 Tsp of Ginger Powder
1/2 Tbsp of dried Oregano
1/2 Tbsp of dried Thyme
*** Marinate all the ingredients with the chicken together ***
I always marinate overnight, if you can’t do that, wait at least for an hour.
For the flour mixture, you’ll need:
180 gr (1 1/2 cups) of all purpose flour.
1 Tbsp of rice flour (optional).
1/2 Tsp of Baking Powder.
1/2 Tsp of Salt.
1/2 Tsp of Pepper.
1/2 Tsp of Garlic Powder.
1 Tbsp of dried Oregano.
1 Tbsp of dried Thyme.
1 Tsp of smoked Paprika.
1/2 Tsp of Chili Flakes (optional).
*** Mix all the ingredients in a big bowl, so it is easy for you to dip the chicken in the flour mixture ***
Juice of a Lemon
A drizzle of Honey
Some chopped Parsley
• Put some oil in your frying pot or frying pan (depending on which one you like better).
• Turn on your burner/stove to medium heat.
• Dip in a wood skewer or a chopstick in your pot, if you see little bubbles, it means the oil is hot enough.
• Dip your chicken your flour mixture both sides.
• Fry your chicken fillets until golden brown or cooked.
• Place them in a plate.
• Drizzle some lemon juice, honey and chopped parsley.
• It’s ready to be served. I love to serve my chicken with chopped tomatoes with chilli flakes and some diced cucumbers.
Einen Guten Appetit! Enjoy 😉