Preparation : 10-15 Minutes
Making : 20 Minutes
Servings : Serves 3-4 Portions
Episode : – (no video available yet)
Author : Christina Hann Trefzger
It is really cold in Munich and my family and I just crave for comfort food. My husband had requested these delicious rice noodles for a long time and I just had some time to make his dream come true.
These rice noodles, you can serve either cold or warm depending on your mood and desire. Typical Indonesian fried noodles or fried rice is we like to cook them with sweet soy sauce. So you have this combination of sweet, salty, sour and slighty spicy mixed with fresh herbs. Fantastic! Magic in your mouth!
1 package of Rice Noodles (serves 3-4 portions), soak in hot water until softened.
1 Red bell pepper, diced
1/2 Cup of Corn
1 Handfull of String beans, cut into small pieces
1/2 Onion, diced
2 Cloves of Garlic, minced
White sesame seeds, green onions, fried onions, cilantro (for garnishing)
Salt & Pepper, to taste
1-2 Tbsp of Soy sauce
1-1 1/2 Tbsp of Sweet soy sauce, depending how sweet and the quality of the sauce.
Some lemon juice
- Soak the rice noodles in hot water until completely softened, drained and keep them aside.
- Beat the eggs, add some salt and pepper. Make a simple omelette and cut in stripes. Keep aside.
- In your hot wok, put some oil and add the chopped onion, garlic.
- Add the beans, stirfry for 2-3 minutes and then put in the red bell pepper and corn.
- Throw in the rice noodles, along with some salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Add in the soy sauce and sweet soy sauce. Sweet soy sauce is the key into this yummy flavor. Make sure to get good quality of sweet soy sauce. Keep stirring and try if it is salty or sweet enough. Drizzle some lemon juice.
- To serve it, put some of the noodles on your plate. Add some egg stripes, garnish with some cilantro, green onions, fried onions, and white sesame seeds.
- Don’t forget to get some Riesling white wine. Heaven! Enjoy 😊