Preparation : 15-20 Minutes
Making and Baking : 30-35 and 40-45 Minutes
Servings : Serves 6 to 8 portions
Episode : (no video available yet)
Author : Christina Hann Trefzger
Who doesn’t love Italian Lasagne. The crispy top with crunchy edge and creamy oozy inside. My husband, Nick is always very happy if there is lasagna on the table. He can just eat it everyday. We love lasagna, and always keep it in the oven if we don’t finish it and Nick will take some to go to work for his lunch.
I’ve made so many different kinds of lasagna and I’d love to share with you this recipe.
I used this Ikea Casserole dish, to be honest, I don’t know the size (sorry).
List of the ingredients:
Barilla lasagna sheets
500 gr Ground Beef
2 German Sausages (picante), can’t find Italian sausages and I think they taste quite the same. Remove from the casing.
2 Carrots, finely chopped.
2 Celery Stalks, finely chopped.
1 Onion, finely chopped.
3 Cloves of Garlic, chopped.
2 Cans of chopped tomatoes.
1 Can of crushed tomato.
2 Tbsp of Tomato paste.
1 Cup of beef stock (you can also use 1 Tbsp of beef bouillon and mix with warm water).
1 Tbsp of sugar.
Salt and Pepper, to taste.
1-2 Tbsp of Italian Seasoning.
3 Bay leaves (take them out later otherwise it will taste weird/bitter).
1 Cup of freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
1 Cup of freshly grated Mozarella cheese.
1 Cup of Ricotta cheese.
Some Olive Oil.
Freshly chopped parsley for garnishing.
*If you don’t want to grate your own cheese, you can also get a bag of Cheese for Casserole (very common in Germany to use those kinds of cheese).
How to make your lasagna:
- Into my pan on medium high heat (you can also use a dutch oven or anything higher on the sides because you’re making the lasagna sauce) put some olive oil. Put chopped onion, carrots and celery. Cook for about 3-5 minutes. Put your ground beef, Italian/German sausages, and garlic inside. Mix all of them together. Cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Toss in all of the canned tomatoes (chopped and crushed ones), beef stock and the tomato paste. Mix well. Lower the heat into low medium.
- Add in the Italian Seasoning, I love it so much sometimes I add in 2 Tbsp 🙂 and then the bay leaves. Cook for about 25-30 minutes.
- Don’t cook the lasagna sheets, trust me!
- During the time preheat the oven to 360 F (180 Celsius). My oven is slightly hotter than other people’s, I have no idea why.
- To assemble, get a ladle spoon and your casserole dish. Spread some ricotta cheese with a spoon, sprinkle parmesan, mozzarela, add some sauce and lay lasagne sheets (mine was about 4 sheets. Repeat until your casserole is full or your sauce and cheese are done. But save some cheese for the top part tho, otherwise you’ll bake the sheets and you don’t want that.
- Bake in the oven for about 40 minutes and after that I turn my oven into 200 C (400 F) and bake for about 5 minutes. Garnish it with some parsley.
- Enjoy your lasagna with a glass of good Chianti or Barolo. Enjoy!
P.S. Above is the pic before the oven