Preparation : 20 Minutes
Baking Time : 20-25 Minutes
Serves : 8 Servings
Episode : no video recipe available yet
Author : Christina Hann Trefzger
Like people say: There is a will, there is a way! My best friend was coming over to Munich and I wanted to cook something nice for him. I was sure that he’d love to have some hot sour soup. Well, it’s not easy to get all the authentic ingredients in Munich, so I just simplified and modified a bit. And to be honest, it tasted amazing!
For this recipe, I used:
14 oz (350-400 gr ) of Chicken Breast, thinly sliced
1 Block of Japanese Silk Tofu, thinly sliced
1 Red Bell Pepper, chopped
1 Package of Button Mushrooms, sliced
2 Carrots, julienne cut
1/3 Cup (60 ml) of Soy Sauce
1 Tbsp of Dark Soy Sauce
Salt, to taste
White Pepper, to taste
2 Liters (1/2 gallon) of Water
Juice of 2 lemons
2-3 Tbsp of Corn/Tapioka Starch
1 Thumb size of Ginger, grated
1 Tbsp of Cooking Oil
1 Egg, beaten
Green onions /cilantro, chopped
Some sesame oil
Chili Sauce, Optional
1. Clean and cut your chicken breast into very small pieces. Add a little teaspoon of starch and keep aside.
2. Into your large cooking pot, add in some oil. Along with the carrot juliennes, bell pepper cubes and mushroom slices. Stir fry for a minute or so.
3. Add in all the water, soy sauce, dark soy sauce, salt and pepper.
4. Bring it to boil. Add in the chicken pieces and stir.
5. Cook for about 5-8 minutes on low heat. You want to make sure that the chicken is cooked.
6. In a small bowl, dilute your starch with some water. Add into your soup, stirring at the same time while adding.
7. Add in beaten egg, stir. And the Japanese Tofu.
8. Serve with some green onions or cilantro and some sesame oil. If you like it spicy, add some chili sauce. Enjoy 😊