Preparation : 20 Minutes
Baking Time : 60 Minutes
Serves : 8-10 Servings
Episode : no video recipe available yet
Author : Christina Hann Trefzger
My friends have been asking my carrot cake recipe and every time, I just screenshot my handwriting recipe to them. I always think that I have written on my website, until recently I realized that I haven’t at all.
I have baked carrot cakes countless times and every time my friends always ask for this recipe. So I thought that I write it down here and it’s a lot easier to share with everyone!
This recipe is the classic one, I modified a lot too. Sometimes with shredded coconut, or with almond meal, hazelnut powder or even with oatmeal.
For this classic Carrot Cake Recipe, you’ll need:
4 Eggs, medium size
1/ Cup (125 gr) of Sugar
1 Tbsp of Orange Juice
3/4 Cup (180 ml) of Oil
2 Cups (240 gr) of AP Flour
1/2 Tbsp of Cinnamon
1 Tsp of Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp of Salt
14 oz (400 gr) of Carrots, grated
1 Handful of Chopped Almonds, optional
1. Preheat your oven: 170 C (350 F)
2. Clean your carrots and grate them, and keep aside.
3. In your large bowl, add in your eggs and sugar. Beat for 3 minutes or until pale.
4. Add in cooking oil and orange juice, mix a bit.
5. Add in all the dry ingredients, mix with a spatula.
6. Add in grated carrots, carefully fold with the spatula (don’t over mix).
7. Put in your mixture in a springform that is lined with some parchment paper. Scatter some chopped almonds. Tap a bit. Bake in a medium rack for about 60 minutes or when you insert a toothpick and it comes out clean.
8. Cool it for about 15 minutes before you serve it.