Preparation : 2-3 Minutes
Cooking Time : 35 Minutes
Serves : 4 Servings (Kid’s servings = 2 adult’s portions)
Episode : No video recipe available yet
Author : Christina Hann Trefzger
As I mentioned on my other post that today was the toughest day of my life, for dinner I made 3 completely different dishes. Salmon Salad for my love, Broccoli Parmesan Soup that was requested by Mack. And the last one was Black Forest Ham Maccheroni with Tomato Sauce for Lev. You won’t believe me if I tell you that he ate 2 bowls.
PS. The pic above was his portion.
For this recipe, I used:
250 gr (8-9 oz) of fresh Maccheroni, cooked (it takes 3-4 minutes)
1 Can (450 gr /15 oz) of diced Tomatoes
250 gr (8-9 oz) of Black Forest Ham
1 small piece of Parmesan Rind (if you don’t have, skip it)
2 Cloves of Garlic, miced
Salt, just a bit
A drizzle of Olive Oil
Fresh Parsley, chopped
PS. You can also add some sugar (1 Tsp), but since I cook for my kids, so no sugar. Normally I will add some finely chopped carrots. But I didn’t have any carrots today 😆. If you can’t find Black Forest Ham, just use Pancetta or other kinda ham. I like Black Forest one, because it is very lean and almost no fat. Depending on the saltiness of ham and parmesan rind, taste your sauce before you put salt in it.
- Turn on your stove into medium heat.
- Drizzle some olive oil so your ham won’t get burn (I used Black Forest one = almost no fat). If you use Pancetta, then you don’t need oil. Put in the Black Forest ham and minced garlic. Stir fry for a minute or so.
- Put in the canned tomatoes, and Parmesan rind. If you cook for yourselves, you should add 1 Tsp of sugar now. Try it first before your put any salt, if you need some, add some then.
- Lower the stove heat and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Turn of the heat and scatter some fresh chopped parsley.
- Take some of the Maccheroni pasta and serve with some tomato sauce.
- Garnish with some curly parsley (optional). xoxo 😘