Preparation : 20 Minutes
Cooking : 30 Minutes
Serves : 3-4 Portions
Episode : (no video availble yet)
Long time no new posts! So I tried to spare my free time to recreate my mum’s best caremelized onion teriyaki salmon recipe. As I was a kid, I never knew the named of this this until I was in Japan. My mum also never knows that she cooks something delicious and it’s called teriyaki 😂😂😂.
I cook this many times and my kids love it. As I always mention, we don’t cook with a lot of salt or sugar.
For this recipe, you’ll need:
600 gr of Salmon
1/2 Onion, thinly sliced
2 Tbsp of Soy sauce
3 Tbsp of Sweet soy sauce
Some lemon juice (I used 1/2 of a lemon)
1/2 Cup of water
1-2 Tsp of Tapioka/Corn starch
Some salt and white ground pepper
Sesame Seeds, optional
2-3 Tbsp of Cooking Oil
1. Turn on your stove to medium heat. In your non-stick skillet add some cooking oil.
2. Add in the salmon, fry each sides 3-4 minutes depending on the thickness of your salmon.
3. Take it out and put it in a plate. In the same skillet if there’s still oil left, just use it. If not, add a little more oil, stir fry the onion slices until translucent and add in some ground white pepper.
4. Add in the soy sauce, sweet soy sauce, a little bit of salt, lemon juice and the water starch mixture.
5. Stir until it thickens. Try the taste. You can of course add more salt or sweet soy sauce depending on how your stomach desires it.
6. Pour in the sauce on the salmon. Garnish with some toasted sesame seeds and chopped coriander.
7. Serve with some cherry tomatoes and Romano salad.
Enjoy 😊 xoxo Chris