Preparation : 10 Minutes
Cooking Time : 35 Minutes
Serves : 6-8 Servings
Episode : No video recipe available yet
Author : Christina Hann Trefzger
It’s weekend and love to share my mum’s best Steamed Brownies Recipe here. In Asia, it’s common to make cakes by steaming them. And the ovens in Asia normally are also different than in western countries.
This recipe is my promise to Sonam, and sorry that it took me forever to finish it. Have fun steaming, girl!
3/4 Cup of Granulated Sugar (185 gr)
7 Tbsp of melted Butter (100 gr)
1 Cup of Chocolate milk (250 ml)
2 Eggs, medium
1/2 Tsp of Baking Powder
1 Bar of Dark Chocolate (125 gr), melted
2 Cups of AP Flour (250 gr)
1 Tsp of Cinammon Powder
A dash of cold espresso, optional
Fruits for decoration, optional
- Turn on your stove, put your steamer. I use a 6 inch springform pan (16 cm). Lay with some parchment paper.
- Melt butter and dark chocolate together and mix them with the chocolate milk. Set aside.
- Mix the AP Flour, cinammon and baking powder with a sift.
- Beat eggs and sugar on medium speed for about 2-3 minutes or until pale.
- Add in the melted mixture, mix with a spatula.
- Add in all the dry ingredients, mix with a spatula.
- Steam for about 30-35 minutes or until cooked.
- Take it out and cool it for about 10 minutes.
- Decorate with some powdered sugar and some favorite fruits.
- Enjoy with some nice coffee 🙂