Preparation : 15 Minutes
Baking : 20 Minutes
Serves : 12 Cupcakes
Episode : (no video available yet)
Author : Christina Hann Trefzger
Mackayla had been asking for Hello Kitty Cupcakes, so we baked Banana Blueberry Cupcakes with sprinkles of our leftover Oreos. Soft, sour, sweet and you literally could taste the banana in the cakes. Make these for your kids, they will love them! Believe me ❤️
For this recipe, you’ll need:
2 Riped Bananas, mashed with a fork (I had medium size bananas)
1 Cup of All Purpose Flour
1/2 Cup of Sugar
1/4 Cup of Melted Butter
1-1/2 Cups of Fresh Blueberries
A pinch of Salt
1 tsp of Baking Powder
3-4 Oreos, bashed into a coarse powder
For the Frosting:
100 gr of Mascarpone Cheese
200 gr of Heavy cream, whipped
1 package of vanilla sugar
(I personally don’t like it too sweet, that’s why only 1 package of vanilla sugar / 8 gr).
For the decorations, you can use anything you want 🙂
- Preheat your oven to 360 degrees Farenheit (180 Celsius).
- Mash the bananas in a large bowl with a fork.
- Add in sugar, melted butter, salt and mix them.
- Add in flour, baking powder, and mix with your spatula.
- Put in the blueberries and don’t over mix them.
- Use your spoon or ice cream scoop to put in the batter into muffin tins which are lined with muffin liners. Scatter some bashed Oreo. Bake them for about 20 minutes.
- During that time, you can prepare the frosting.
- Put the heavy cream into a bowl with the vanilla sugar. Whip until soft peak. Add some mascarpone cheese and fold them gently. Transfer into a ziploc or a plastic bag. Put into a fridge until your cakes are ready (cooked and cold).
- Decorate the cupcakes with some frosting and hello kitty 🙂 Enjoy them with some Latte Machiatto or a cup Cappucino.
These were the cupcakes before frosting xoxo