Second dish of tonight: Broccoli Parmesan Soup! It’s my daughter, Mack’s favorite. She kept telling me that she ate at her kindergarten for lunch and how much she loved it.
This is the way how I make my Broccoli Soup and my kiddos love it! You can replace Parmesan with other cheese (Gouda, Emmentaler, Cheddar etc). Each will bring different background taste tho. And my favorite is always the one with Parmesan.
For this recipe, you will need:
500 gr (17 oz) of Broccoli, chopped
1 Potato, medium size and chopped
2-3 cloves of Garlic, minced
Salt, pepper to taste
250 ml (1 Cup) of Crème fraîche
80 gr (1/3 Cup) of grated Parmesan
250 ml (1 Cup) of Cooking cream
500 ml (17 fl oz) of Water
1 Tsp of Olive Oil
PS. If you don’t have Crème fraîche, you can also use sour cream. Cooking cream in Germany is similar to half and half or lighter heavy cream. We love to eat the whole broccoli (florets and stems). The stems are more delicious for me than the florets 🥰
1. Turn on your stove to medium high. Put some olive oil, chopped broccoli, potato and minced garlic. Stir fry for about 5-7 minutes.
2. Add in the water, salt, pepper and cook for about 25-30 minutes. Don’t cover your pot with a lid!
3. Turn the stove to really low heat, add in the Crème fraîche, cooking cream and grated parmesan. Don’t cook too long, and stir it otherwise it will foam curds.
4. Blend it with a blender or a hand blender.
5. Serve with some parsley. xoxo 🥰