Preparation : 20 Minutes
Baking : 30 Minutes
Serves : 12-14 Cupcakes
Episode : (no video availble yet)
I’ve made these really delicious, savory, full of flavor Salmon Green Onion Cupcakes. I know, I know, everybody is raising their eyebrows now and officially you can call me CRAZY CHRISTY lol. But I promise you and trust me, these are amazing! And you won’t regret it. The consistency of the cupcakes is like muffins and scones. With cream cheese, cranberry jam and some garnished green onions, it is phenomenal! You don’t even taste the salmon.
Here is the list of the ingredients:
2 Cups of AP Flour
1 Tbsp of Baking Powder
1/2 Tbsp of Salt
2 Eggs, medium size
1 Cup or 250 ml of Crème fraîche (sour cream or yoghurt can replace it too)
1 Cup or 200-250 gr of fresh Salmon, diced
1 Cup or 250 ml of Vegetable Oil
1 Cup of Green Onion, finely chopped
2 Tbsp of Bavarian Sweet Mustard (honey mustard)
1 Tbsp of Dijon Mustard
1 Tbsp of Horseradish
2 Tbsp of Honey
For the frosting, you’ll need:
1/2 Cup or 125 gr of cream cheese
1/2 Cup or 125 ml of heavy cream
Some Cranberry jam
Some green onions.
How to make the Salmon Green Onion Cupcakes:
- Turn on your oven to 180 degrees Celsius or 375 degrees Farenheit.
- In your large bowl, beat your eggs until pale (3 minutes) with a mixer or a whisk.
- Add in the oil and Crème fraîche, mix again. If you don’t have Crème fraîche, you can also use sour cream or yoghurt. But yoghurt is a little ligher than Crème fraîche, you might need to reduce a little bit.
- Add in all the dry ingredients; flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix them again.
- Put in the salmon and green onions. Mix them with a spatula. Add in all the rest of the ingredients; mustard, sweet mustard and honey.
- Line your muffin tray with liners. Use a spoon to transfer your batter into the liners.
- I made about 12 cupcakes. I still had some and just made pancakes out of it.
- Bake for about 30 minutes. Let them cool.
- For the frosting, beat the heavy cream until soft peak or about 3 minutes.
- Add in the cream cheese and mix well with the whipped cream.
- Transfer it into a ziploc or a pastry bag with a nozzle. You can also use only a ziploc without a nozzle.
- Smear the cranberry jam on each cupcakes.
- Make a little swirl to cover the cranberry jam.
- Garnish with some green onions and cranberry jam.