Preparation : 10 Minutes
Cooking : 5-8 Minutes
Serves : 4 Servings
Episode : 31 (Video recipe is available here)
Author : Christina Hann Trefzger
It’s still very cold in Munich, and I have been craving this delicious Indonesian Bouillabaisse! I call it “Indonesian Bouillabaisse” because it is very similar to the French one, but it has more unique exotic flavor in it. If you don’t know what it is, google “Ikan Asam Pedas” you’ll know what it is hehe.
I modified a little bit here, no fresh pineapple but a lot of crushed tomatoes and some lemon juice.
700 gr or 1.5 lbs of Fresh Salmon, cut into small pieces
2 French Shallots
3 Cloves of Garlic
2 Bird-Eye Chilies, very spicy!
2 Lemongrass Stalks
4 Coriander or Cilantro Roots, optional
4-5 Keffir Lime Leaves
Juice of half a Lemon
500 ml or 2 Cups of Crushed Tomatoes
1 Tbsp of Turmeric Powder
1 Tsp of Ginger Powder
1 Tsp of Galangal Powder
2 Tsp of Salt
2-3 Tsp of Sugar
500 ml or 2 Cups of Water
Some Olive Oil
Sweet Basil for garnishing, optional
1. Put shallots, garlic, chillies and some water into a blender, blend until smooth.
2. Turn your stove to medium low heat, put some oil into your cooking pot.
3. Add in cilantro roots, keffir lime leaves and wait for a minute or two then add in the ingredients from the blender along with the turmeric, ginger and galangal powder.
4. Add in the crushed tomatoes. Stir and add in the water, salt and sugar. Cook until it simmers and add in the salmon chunks.
5. It takes about 5-7 mins to cook, depending on the thickness of your fish.
6. Turn off your stove and add some lemon juice.
7. Serve with some warm rice and nice white wine. Enjoy ❤️
Preparation : 20 Minutes
Baking : 30 Minutes
Serves : 12-14 Cupcakes
Episode : 36 (video recipe is availble here)
Author : Christina Hann Trefzger
I’ve made these really delicious, savory, full of flavor Salmon Green Onion Cupcakes. I know, I know, everybody is raising their eyebrows now and officially you can call me CRAZY CHRISTY lol. But I promise you and trust me, these are amazing! And you won’t regret it. The consistency of the cupcakes is like muffins and scones. With cream cheese, cranberry jam and some garnished green onions, it is phenomenal! You don’t even taste the salmon.
Here is the list of the ingredients:
2 Cups of AP Flour
1 Tbsp of Baking Powder
1/2 Tbsp of Salt
2 Eggs, medium size
1 Cup or 250 ml of Crème fraîche (sour cream or yoghurt can replace it too)
1 Cup or 200-250 gr of fresh Salmon, diced
1 Cup or 250 ml of Vegetable Oil
1 Cup of Green Onion, finely chopped
2 Tbsp of Bavarian Sweet Mustard (honey mustard)
1 Tbsp of Dijon Mustard
1 Tbsp of Horseradish
2 Tbsp of Honey
For the frosting, you’ll need:
1/2 Cup or 125 gr of cream cheese
1/2 Cup or 125 ml of heavy cream
Some Cranberry jam
Some green onions.
How to make the Salmon Green Onion Cupcakes:
- Turn on your oven to 180 degrees Celsius or 375 degrees Farenheit.
- In your large bowl, beat your eggs until pale (3 minutes) with a mixer or a whisk.
- Add in the oil and Crème fraîche, mix again. If you don’t have Crème fraîche, you can also use sour cream or yoghurt. But yoghurt is a little ligher than Crème fraîche, you might need to reduce a little bit.
- Add in all the dry ingredients; flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix them again.
- Put in the salmon and green onions. Mix them with a spatula. Add in all the rest of the ingredients; mustard, sweet mustard and honey.
- Line your muffin tray with liners. Use a spoon to transfer your batter into the liners.
- I made about 12 cupcakes. I still had some and just made pancakes out of it.
- Bake for about 30 minutes. Let them cool.
- For the frosting, beat the heavy cream until soft peak or about 3 minutes.
- Add in the cream cheese and mix well with the whipped cream.
- Transfer it into a ziploc or a pastry bag with a nozzle. You can also use only a ziploc without a nozzle.
- Smear the cranberry jam on each cupcakes.
- Make a little swirl to cover the cranberry jam.
- Garnish with some green onions and cranberry jam.