Preparation : 5 Minutes
Cooking : 5-8 Minutes
Serves : 3 Servings
Episode : 32 (Video recipe is available here)
Author : Christina Hann Trefzger
It’s carnival in Germany!!!!!!! Everyone is really excited including me! In Germany, during carnival and other celebrations, we always eat currywurst! In my opinion, currywurst is really German snack that you can get on particular occasions; christmas market event, carnival and some other festivals.
The key to make great currywurst is good curry sauce which is ketchup and curry powder. Don’t worry, it is NOT spicy!
All you need is:
3/4 Cup of Ketchup
1 – 1.5 Tsp of Curry Powder
2 Tsp of Fried Onion
2 Green Onions, optional
1 Tbsp of Olive Oil
1. Turn on your stoves to medium low heat, one skillet for the bratwursts, one sauce pan for warming up the ketchup.
2. Into your skillet, grill your bratwursts, each sides 2-3 mins. Into your sauce pan, out in the ketchup and just warm it up. Don’t forget to add the curry powder into your ketchup.
3. Lay all your bratwursts on a piece of paper towel, and dry them with it if they’re oily.
4. Put your curry ketchup in a bowl, scatter some fried onion.
5. Lay the wursts on a plate and scatter some green onions and fried onion.
6. Serve with some weiß bier! Enjoy! ❤️