Preparation : 10 Minutes
Cooking Time : 25-30 Minutes
Serves : 2-3 Servings
Episode : No video recipe available yet
Author : Christina Hann Trefzger
Finally it’s spring! It was very cold but at least it was sunny! Today was the toughest day of my life, for dinner I made 3 completely different dishes haha. Salmon Salad for my love, Maccheroni with Tomato Sauce for Lev and Broccoli Parmesan Soup that was requested by Mack. Everyone is happy and so am I!
This salad is divine especially for spring. It’s fresh, creamy, mustardy and crunchy. The strawberries just give it a very nice background taste!
For this recipe, you will need:
350-400 gr (12-40 oz) of fresh Salmon
4 small Cucumbers, diced
1 Avocado, diced
1/4 Onion, chopped
3-4 Strawberries, diced
Salt & Pepper, to taste
Juice of 1/2 a lemon
1 Tbsp of Virgin Olive Oil
1 Tsp of Dijon Mustard
2 Tsp of Bavarian Sweet Mustard (Honey Mustard)
A drizzle of Honey
Curly Parsley / Cilantro, optional
Black sesame seeds, optional
PS. I prefer Bavarian sweet Mustard because it has nice mustard seeds and I love the texture. If you can’t fine it then sub with honey mustard.
1. Preheat your oven at 200 C (400 F).
2. Clean your salmon including the scales. Pad dry, season with some salt and pepper. Broil for 25-30 minutes. Make sure you cook it through, unless you buy salmon with sushi quality grade. Depending on the thickness of your salmon, the duration time of broiling varies. After that, let it cool and tear into small pieces.
3. During that time. You can prepare the salad. In a small bowl, add in salt, pepper, dijon mustard, Bavarian sweet mustard, honey, lemon juice and whisk.
4. Cut the cucumbers, onion and put the into a salad bowl.
5. Mix them with the mustard dressing.
6. Add in the avocado and mix them gently.
7. Add in salmon pieces and try not to over-mix it with the rest.
8. Serve the salad with some diced strawberries, garnish with some curly parsley and black sesame seeds.