Preparation : 10 Minutes
Making Time : 60-70 Minutes
Serves : 6-8 Servings
Episode : no video recipe available yet
Author : Christina Hann Trefzger
I just baked this super moist super delicious chocolate cake for my in laws. They came to visit us in Munich and I thought to bake a small cake for us. My family is very small; my husband, me and Mack (4 yo) and Lev (1 yo). At home only me and Mack eat eat cakes and then no one is going to finish the rest. As the result, most of my cakes end up in the trash can. Have you ever had the same problem? If you do, this super moist cake is a great recipe for you.
I baked it in a 21 cm springform (around 6 inch size). And it is just perfect for small families like ours. Let me show you the list of the ingredients!
All you need is:
4 Medium size eggs, room temperature
2/3 Cup (135 gr) of Granulated Sugar
1 1/3 Sticks (150) of Butter, melted
2/3 Cup (85 gr) of AP Flour
3/4 Cup (75 gr) of unsweetened Cocoa Powder
A pinch of Salt
1/2 Tsp of Baking Powder
A dash of Vanilla Extract
1 Tbsp of decaf Espresso, cold
Powdered Sugar/Sugar Powder/ Confectioner’s Sugar, Optional
16 cm / 6 inch springform
- Preheat your oven at 180 degrees Celsius or 350 degrees Farenheit.
- In your large bowl put in the sugar and eggs, beat for about 3 minutes on medium high speed or until it is pale.
- Add in the melted butter and mix well.
- Add in vanilla extract and espresso and mix well.
- Sieve all the dry ingredients into the mixture and use a plastic spatula to combine.
- Always line your springform with some parchment paper. Pour in the mixture in your springform and tap a little bit.
- Bake on a medium rack or lowest rack depending on your oven for about 50-60 minutes or until it’s completely baked through. Insert a toothpick and as soon as it comes out easily and nothing creamy sticking on the toothpick then it is done.
- Take it out, and let it cool. It takes about 15 minutes.
- Sieve some powdered sugar and scatter some confetti. Enjoy with a cup of nice latte macchiato xoxo